Excavation services are needed when building your new home. You are filled with excitement as It’s easy to imagine yourself living in your new home, settling down, and enjoying the walks around the area. It may not be possible to visualize the end of the new excavation if you’re just starting.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when trying to figure out where to begin. This is why it’s important to hire experts to help you with your excavation. Greenbar Excavation is here to answer your questions and help you get excited about every step of the home-building process.
New Home Excavation Services Factors
Imagine a chaotic, bumpy landscape with shrubbery and trees scattered all over. Now imagine your dream home with lush grass and shade trees. New construction excavation is the first step in that process. It is not always as easy as you might imagine when excavating. Excavating land requires more than clearing brush and trees.
Surveying the land is one of the first steps in building a new house. The first steps include a survey of the entire property and identifying the trees and greenery that will be left. Next, measure the area of land that will require new construction excavation.
Clearing the entire area may not be necessary, as mature trees can provide shade and help keep your home’s utility costs down. Shaded houses mean less cooling costs.
A map sketch of the driveway and road should be included in the initial site survey. Also, it is important to draw clear property lines so that you don’t interfere with neighbors’ private property. It is not a good idea to get off to a bad start with a neighbor.
Application for Permits
To ensure safety, excavations must be permitted when you make large changes to your land. Greenbar Excavation will apply for permits. Please allow extra time for approval. If there are no reasons for the delay, it can take up to 5-7 business days.
The most frustrating aspect of new construction excavation is the inability to meet the timeline. You should plan for flexibility when applying for permits.
- The Soil’s Condition: It is possible for the soil to be in a variety of states, including whether it has enough material to build upon and whether it is free from contaminants. It will also be examined to determine if the earth is suitable for growing grass or plants.
- Compaction Testing: It is possible that new construction land is located over a high water level where erosion and sediment are likely. The team can determine if the foundation plan will be suitable for the conditions and test for compaction.
- Excavation: Some dirt may need to be removed during the excavation of new construction. This dirt can often be reused in other areas of the property. The contractors can also transport the soil and reuse it elsewhere.
- Bringing in dirt fill: Just as too much dirt can cause problems, too little soil can also be problematic. Dirt fill is available to level the area.
- Leveling the dirt: When you have the correct amount of dirt, it’s time to level the earth. This involves removing any large rocks or debris that could hinder the construction of the new building.
- Foundation Excavation: Greenbar manages the excavation of underground foundations. This involves digging up and removing fill in order to prepare the ground for foundation construction. Our contractors will obtain any permits required for this project.
- Drainage: Greenbar specializes in drainage installation on new construction sites. We offer ground and soil drainage, backyard drainage, lawn drainage, rainwater drainage, and driveway drainage.
- Land improvement: Greenbar specializes in yard/ driveway extension, leveling, water run-off drainage in a yard, and building boulder walls.
New construction excavation will include the leveling of the soil in order to prepare it for the building of your new home. However, there are other factors that must be considered.
The new excavation will not leave out any detail. It is crucial to make sure that the foundation of your home is solid.
Using the Right Equipment
Greenbar’s excavation contractors keep abreast of the most recent technologies. We use the best equipment when clearing the land and leveling it. Contractors shouldn’t use obsolete equipment when excavating new construction with modern technology.
Secure and Efficient
Greenbar Excavation uses proper safety protection such as gloves and helmets. We strictly enforce safety protocols. You can rest assured that all workers on our contracting team are safe.
You want everything to go according to safety guidelines. You can trust that our contracting team will show up on time and deliver high-quality results. Greenbar Excavation will help you feel confident that you have made the right choice by following a step-by-step process.
Greenbar Excavation can provide any excavation service that you require. Greenbar Excavation has been providing quality excavation services to central Oregon for over ten years. We understand the importance of knowing what you are working on. Greenbar Excavation is a fully licensed, insured, and accredited Excavation company based in Prineville, Oregon. Greenbar Excavation is one of the top Excavation companies in Central Oregon. Don’t look any further, go with the company with your best interest in mind! We offer a multitude of services which include: Septic pumping, Drainage Services, Landscape prep, Site grading, Foundation excavation, Concrete/ prep finish, Utility trenching, Driveways, Septic tank replacement, and Complete septic system replacement!
Call us today with any questions about the new home excavation services we offer!